Blueprints For Recovery attends regular 12 step meetings every week, Arizona
State conferences of young people in AA, and Western area conferences
of young people in AA. These offer our clients an opportunity to meet
others that are in long-term recovery and working towards bettering their lives.
12 step programs are based on the original 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous,
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol – that our lives had become
- Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of a higher
power as we understood it.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature
of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked for help to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends
to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do
so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with
God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us
and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried
to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in
all our affairs.
Peer support groups like the 12-step program are a fundamental part of
recovery, but 12-steps is by no means the only means of facilitating your
treatment. We also provide clients with access to the Buddhist Refuge
Recovery program and the Celebrate Recovery program. While these programs
stem from religious origins, their non-denominational methodology applies
to people of all faiths or lack thereof.
Call us today at (888) 744-9969 to find out more about Blueprints for
Recovery’s 12-step program and our other peer support programs!