Common Signs of Alcoholism
Alcoholism is an ugly disease. Sadly, it severely affects young men in an overwhelming manner, specifically those ranging from 18-30. It is inherently addictive in nature, which is why it is one of the most hazardous substances in the world. Not only is it available more than any other dangerous substance, it is socially accepted in nearly every situation. If you fear your son, brother, friend, or loved one is harboring an alcohol addiction, it is vital you look out for various indicators that his treacherous habit is becoming a concern. The sooner you are aware of this behavior, the sooner you can help your loved one recover before it is too late.
Some of the most common signs of alcoholism include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lack of accountability for one’s time or money
- Lack of responsibility, such as missing class and skipping school or work
- Risky behavior as a result of drinking, including fighting, engaging in unprotected sex, and more
- Requiring more alcohol to become intoxicated
- Continuing to consume alcohol, regardless of any negative impacts
- Increased agitation or anger
- Changes in physical appearance, such as bloodshot eyes, or suddenly losing or gaining weight
- Changes in one’s sleeping habits
Contact Us for Specialized Addiction Treatment
If you or your loved one is suffering from an addiction to alcohol, it is vital you don’t waste any time in enlisting in the help of our services at Blueprints for Recovery. We have the tools, resources, and means necessary to help countless individuals get back on track in life. Our team offers comprehensive addiction treatment, and we strive to be a resilient force of good for those who need us most.To schedule an initial consultation with someone from our team, contact us by calling (888) 744-9969.