How Do You Know When a Former Addict is Relapsing?
Addiction is so often an uphill battle, and it is never truly over. This is why so many addicts, regardless of the substance in question, are susceptible to a relapse at some point in their lives. Whether you are a parent, sibling, friend, or loved one of a young adult who suffers from addiction, it is important you know various signs to look for. By knowing what to look out for, you can offer your guidance and support at the earliest sign of relapse--helping him in the long run.
The following are common signs of a former addict relapsing, including but not limited to:
- Abrupt changes in moods, including an irritable disposition
- Asking to borrow money
- Hanging out with old friends, those of which are still using the substance
- Missing meetings or therapy sessions
- Impulsive behavior
- Concealing things, such as taking a backpack to the restroom, or going somewhere private often
- Changes in physical appearance, such as chronic fatigue, sudden weight loss, etc.
- Staunchly stating they will never drink or use again, instead of planning to take sobriety one day at a time
Contact Us for Results-Driven & Compassionate Addiction Treatment
Recovery is a lifelong journey, as there are countless triggers along the way. This is why it is vital you enlist in the help of trusted addiction treatment specialists, such as ours at Blueprints for Recovery. Our team is dedicated to ensuring you or your loved one’s recovery is as smooth as possible. We can highlight the signs of an impending relapse in order to lessen or completely eradicate the impact of relapse--allow us to make a positive difference today.Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at your earliest convenience. Contact us by calling (888) 744-9969.