Holistic Drug & Alcohol Treatment is a multi-disciplined approach to
Blueprints For Recovery believes in treating every aspect of the clients’ disease.
When coupled with traditional treatments such as
12-step, traditional therapy, and social treatment, holistic treatment treats
the entire being, not just their dependence.
At Blueprints For Recovery, we offer health and nutritional classes, weekly
hiking trips, monthly backpacking trips (4 to 5 a day), and exercise programs
to help the individual develop a sense of self.
Holistic drug and alcohol treatment is another tool in the client’s
kit to help them achieve long-term recovery.
We meditate and pray daily, teaching the clients various forms of meditation,
with the intention of each man finding a match for his own, personal,
spiritual journey. At the beginning of each week, our residents learn
a new form of meditation, and then practice it through Saturday, allowing
them to get a real feel for each meditation tradition. The goal of our
Arizona treatment center is to provide every patient with a beneficial meditation and prayer practice.
- Transcendental Meditation
- Centering Prayer
- Compassion Meditation
- Guided Meditation
- Qi Gong
- Movement Kundalini Meditation
- Chanting – with Malas & Rosary Beads
- Dan Siegel’s Medial Prefrontal Cortex Meditation
- Walking Mindfulness Meditation
- Psychospiritual Death & Rebirthing Meditation
Although long-term drug treatment is not religiously based, many clients
have built a successful recovery foundation on their spirituality. Faith
is an essential facet of traditional long-term drug treatment. Many choose
to draw inspiration from their spirituality in different and creative
ways when working to recover from drugs and alcohol addiction.
At Blueprints For Recovery, we proudly offer a weekly Spiritual Book Club,
where we read provocative books as a group and discuss them. Our goal
is to get our clients thinking about the broader concepts of living a
Our book club list has included:
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Love Is Letting Go of Fear by Gerald Jampolsky
- Awareness by Anthony DeMello
- Help, Thanks, Wow by Anne Lamott
- The Spirituality of Imperfection by Ernest Kurtz
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Illusions by Richard Bach
To learn more about our Arizona holistic addiction treatment program,
call us at (888) 744-9969.